View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
Your assumption is that Vortex replaced the scope on their being a manufacturing issue causing the failure. Sometimes companies replace things out of goodwill. I am not saying this is the cause but due to the high volume of good Vortex product I have seen, when there are two very similar failures, the scope is not the only common factor in the issue. From what I have been told at WSS one time was that you can run a Vortex over with your truck and as long as you return 51% of the product its covered. So if someone basically used it as a hammer and got it warrantied, its almost like Vortex is accepting guilt for the product. This may be one of those cases were no good deed goes unpunished.

Here is a excerpt from their warranty.
Our VIP warranty is about you, not us. It's about taking care of you after the sale.

VIP stands for a Very Important Promise to you, our customer. We will repair or replace your Vortex product in the event it becomes damaged or defective—at no charge to you. If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition.

You see, it doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it. You can count on the VIP Warranty for all Vortex Optics riflescopes, prism scopes, red dots, rangefinders, binoculars, spotting scopes, tripods, and monoculars.
•Unlimited Lifetime Warranty
•Fully transferable
•No warranty card to fill out
•No receipt needed to hang on to

If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you.
I am not making any assumptions, I am just stating that once a person has lost confidence in a product, it doesn't matter whether the company repairs or replaces that product, the owner will likely never have confidence in that product again.