View Single Post
Old 09-30-2022, 10:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post
Well said.

It's unfortunate the options we have to choose from. All I know is in the last 3 years I've had 3 separate drs leave and my sons cardiologist has left too. My utility bills have sky rocketed (I thought privatization made it cheaper...), I've taken a wage cut, banked OT is now 1/1 instead of 1.5/1. My kids school increased fees, and getting blood work involves the same process of getting good concert tickets. Bring a chair early and sit outside in the dark and wait. All the while my company posts record profits and only pays 8% tax.

I fail to be able to link all this to notley.
Where are the doctors going tho? I see on Reddit, Which is a heavily biased left wing site, everyone there blames the UCP for the doctors leaving for "Greener pastures" , but a Quick Google search shows Alberta's doctors make the most in Canada on Average and we have lower taxes. So where are they going and why? With a mass surplus of money, there should definitely be some sort of incentive to keep doctors in Rural areas (Red deer hospital on the verge of a collapse) but I don't know where these doctors are leaving for, as everywhere else in Canada pays less and has higher taxes.