View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 01:50 PM

Default Stockingfoot waders crushing my feet

I recently bought my first pair of breathable stockingfoot waders. They feel fine walking around out of the water, but everytime I get in past my knees and especially down to my waist it feels like the water pressure is crushing my feet to a pulp making it extremely uncomfortable. I thought at first it was the boots because I just got some cheap hikers to wear with the stocking feet, but no... I took one of the boots completely off underwater and found out that just the neoprene itself is crushing my feet. My feet literally ache from the pressure after a couple hours and I have to stop fishing. Anyone else experience this? I can wade around all day in just pants and some shoes and I don't have this pressure issue at all. Thinking of going with bootfoot waders, but the lady at Bass Pro said I'd be lucky if I got one season out of them because they're prone to leaks at the boot joint. I'm thinking this was an exaggeration and I'm not a guide who's out fishing every day for 8 hours. Decent bootfoot waders should last a few years for the casual user I would think. Am I wrong?