View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 06:13 PM

Default less fish? More money?

So am I hearing right that the consensus here is we all should be allowed less fish and pay more to have less? Even on the stocked trout which are specifically stocked as a put and take fishery for the purpose of increasing angling opportunities and reducing pressure on native species? Sounds like to me we're giving into preservationist ideology. This is no longer conservation for the future opprotunity its quickly going to be don't ever interact with nature period. Some senior bios tell me that the thinking in Europe is already that sport fishing is flat out wrong on the basis of cruelty to the fish.

I don't think there is any value in one angler trying to tell another angler what he should catch or keep. Provided we're all within the law who cares if I keep 5 and someone else keeps zero. My needs and your needs are two totally different things. This isn't about personal need this is about what does the fishery support. Frankly that is a bios job. And if we don't use a little more flexibility with one another then we too will go the way of Europe.