View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 09:55 AM
Banned

Default dimpling while resizing

I had the same problem with my 223 Redding dies. Redding don't bother putting a hole for the air to escape like other die companies. Using The RCBS case lube and pad method I was getting too much lube on the cases and they would get dimples. Cleaning the dies helped byt soon the problem recurred.

I have solved the problem by going to the D.C.L., Dillon case Lube that is available at P& D in Edmonton. It is a lanolin/ isopropyl alcohol base lube that Environmentally safe and great to use. Just shake well , squirt about 3 squirts into a medium Zip Lock bag, add 100 223 sized cases, close bag, roll brass around in bag until evenly coated, dump into a small container and wait a few minutes for alcohol to evaporate. I squirt some lube onto a Q tip and apply to the inside of the case mouths if I find that the expander button is hard to extract.

This method has completely solved the problems of dimpled shoulders and stuck cases. I can do hundreds of cases in just minutes with no toxic side effects which is great with my compromised immune system.