View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 01:30 AM

Default So you think you can rely on Customer Reviews on line

This is not the first time I have had a customer review declined because it reflected badly on the vendor or product. Google and Yelp do not censor reviews as long as there isn't profanity and the like. Ebay, Amazon, Canadian Tire, Cabela's and most proprietary sites heavily censor reviews and will delete or refuse to post any review that reflects negatively on their pricing, service, delivery methods and timelines etc. If you look at Amazon's posted guidelines for public posts it is easy to see they want no part of their customers accurately reporting on their service, delivery or price comparison.

My suggestion is you take the reviews on company sites with a big grain of salt, though most already know that.

As an example; Latest rejection from Amazon on what I thought was a very well balanced review.

Quote:
Thank you for submitting a customer review.

Thank you for submitting a customer review on Amazon. After carefully reviewing your submission, your review could not be posted to the Web site. While we appreciate your time and comments, reviews must adhere to the following guidelines:
http://www.amazon.ca/review-guidelines

from Dean on January 29, 2019

There is a HD version available for the same price.

Blade fits well, holes line up with my 15 year old Warn 54" plow. I ordered two blades, one from Amazon and one from 4Wheel Parts. The Amazon one was here in 4 days, the 4Wheel Parts one took two months to ship from the States to their store in Edmonton for pickup. They were the same price from both outlets but the 4Wheel parts one is about 50% thicker, and a bit wider for the same price. If you can afford to wait for the delivery the 4Wheel Parts one it is a better deal.