Thread: Fletching jigs
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2024, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrayford View Post
^ I can't see myself ever needing another unit, unless I wanted to switch back to vanes/fletches longer than 3.5". But I don't think I'll be going that route.

I like having a fletching unit (whichever brand - doesn't matter) because then I can make up my own arrows. I've tried various vanes, cresting and even some unconventional stuff. Some of the coolest vanes I've had were Zeon fusion Vanes that had fiber optic rails built into the vane itself, so when you shot an arrow it looked like there were 9 points of light looking back at you - easy to follow the arrow in flight for point of impact. The only problem with those vanes was that fletching time was slightly increased as you needed to be careful when pulling the mini's arms away from the shaft so that the arm didn't catch on the fiber optic rail and pull the vane away (let the glue set up for a few minutes more)

Try the new fletching tradition with your own choice of refreshment and the process may become even more enjoyable? ha ha ha...

J.
Those vanes are pretty neat. A lot cheaper than the lighted nocks are, that's for sure.

Another issue about the plastic jigs that keeps playing in my head is not being able to glue offset vanes.

But if I have the helical setup, maybe that isn't an issue. I thought offset would be simpler to go right or left if I wanted to.

If I go helical, I'd buy right or left, and straight. And be set.

Another thing I keep thinking about is the option for gluing 4 vanes instead of 3.

Sorry, I have a habit of overthinking things. Maybe some rum would do me good [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk