View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW223 View Post
6PPC with lt32 27.7 = 58.000 , I have run up to 29.6-29.9 with no primer flow and no "hard bolt lift " what's the pressure ?
N133 book says max load compressed 28.2 ,we regularly run 29.9-30.6 which will drive a 68 gr up to 3650 fps on lab radar depending on the day federal primers which are the weaker cups ,again no primer flow and no hard bolt lift . Hard bolt lift in my experience comes from a couple of things , unsquare bolt face and related components ,chamber and sizing die differences ,and an out of tune rifle , but thats a whole other discussion
I have gone as high as 31.6 with n133 , again no hard bolt lift and no primer flow , also no gain in accuracy
Primer pressure flow is usually caused by a few things , if they are not correct you will see primer flow even at lower pressures and you can blank a primer if you keep going , looks like you have found a way to manage pressure on "your fire control"and that's good , all should do the same ,it just doesn't even necessarily translate to all rifles
Hope that helps
What you see on your groups and subsequent analyses is quite different from what I see
I agree, with a true action and close tolerances on the firing pin/ bolt face, you can develop more velocity without seeing certain pressure signs. That doesn't mean that there is less pressure, it just means that you can't depend on primer flow or resistance on bolt lift to see it before it is well above the accepted pressure level for the cartridge. As well , calculations such as Quickload are not an exact science, because contrary to what some people believe, not all chambers are cut to SAAMI standards, not all people seat bullets to the standard SAAMI COL, and not all components are exactly the same. A person can depend far too much on SAAMI cartridge drawings or on calculations, to predict what you think should be happening in your rifle, or you can look at the results of the load being fired in your rifle to get a better idea of what is actually happening.