View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 07:14 AM

^^^ the above info of stiff bolt handle lift could be correct.

Purhaps doing a custom fitted precision bolt with small primer hole and tool gaged bolt on top of lug lapping "might address some of this, as mentioned,,, purhaps another thread. But it is something to consider for sure.

I come from the harvest and plinking world, so reaching out past my normal comfort zone gets me thinking.

I will soon see the difference between a custom built heavy weight harvest rifle and a custom precision match rifle built for long range shooting,,, "targets only that is."

My good 2 long time close friends from our area will be accompanying me this year,,, one is well placed in the world national level, the other is the hands of glass.

Hopefully between all 3 of us we will be able to push this rifle to its limits.

I like what my other friend said when attending the first long range shoot I'd ever seen.

If the rifle, chosen cartrage that are both tuned for competition,,, then the only out lying factor left to sort is our selves.

Address the first 2 variables, then buckle down on us the shooter.

The match rifle thing is sorted, cartrage, powder, primer, bullet as well.

So fine tuning the ammo and dialing in my skills "could" take some time.

I only hope that I'm getting it right.

Thanks to everyone for sharing, the above info sheds some light on areas to consider.

When I seen the pictures of a long distant group shot at 600 meters by one of our members from a hunting rifle, I was hooked.

Lots of bullets out of my harvest/ heavy weight rifle this year as I attempt to close in on his precision group.

Don