View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 12:27 PM

Right on Cat,,, I'd like to try one this year. Hoping I get invited to come up your way to check it out. LOL.

I went back to the old school shooting targets this winter,,, lots of folks forgot about the old shooting system before the high tech stuff come out.

Here's a post I added to another thread this year to good times on a frugal budget,,, not the best long range target system,,, not the worst.

Of course each shooter gets to pick and choose what works for them.

I've been using black garbage bags in winter,,, white in summer for LR shooting.

Fill with air and watch it deflate when it gets tagged.
I set them at close range distances at 800 to 1700 meters for practic since they are close to Deer size body girth...

Frugal to shoot and a person can flatten out lots of them in the day,,, most are reusable so long as a person brings the ductape. LOL.

Place them in many configurations like stacking,,, spread-out or single format at each shooters choosing.

Normally I use the medium size garbage bags since I get 100 of them for $3.65 a box.

Deflation is a good thing you know. Ha

Good luck on the target acquisition all,,, good times happen to those that go after it.

PS: On Windy days I tie the bags to buck brush or 1 scope of dirt to hold them in place,,, sometime we get lucky shooting moving targets when the winds pick up. Ha... That's a challange fore sure.

👍