View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 04:47 PM

Went for a nice 3 mile walk in snowshoes on Sunday ! Brisk !!!! -38 to start the day was a little rough , but gotta check ! Nothing but a lone weasel ! But I was still happy ! That little bugger has stolen every peice of bait I coud put in the rat trap/ box set up . Broke out the golden nugget ( grouse heart ) kept from the fall ! He never had a chance , teeth buried in the meat and the trap on the back of his neck !
I also had not a single fresh coyote track anywhere on my home quarter or our other quarter a couple miles away . I set a bunch of trail sets and 5 or 6 along my shoe tracks when I weaved right next toa nice sized tree . Here's hoping there's one or two when I get home from work on Thursday!

Outta bait , can't seem to find any road kill , so just trying anything right now . I think that the deep snow around my place has slowed down the coyotes. I will definetely have a better plan next year ! Just hoping one of my neighbours has a cow tip over ....... Not really , but it would help !

I was debating trying moose or deer scent ? Any thoughts ?