View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 05:50 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by husky7mm View Post
Looking for the experienced to chime in. The northern Alberta forests are home to bucks that are Lords of the forest so to speak. Bucks that die of old age that never really get hunted. Their beautiful sheds get ate by rodents and most even knows they are around cause they did see them with there own eyes. They have learned to live like rabbits in the thick chit, they dont come to the ag land, some areas have little no no logging. They have learned to survive amidst the wolves and cougars. They don't follow the same trails daily, they appear to have no pattern. They are masters of survival. Heavy snow has them in a sea of conifer and light snow has them in a sea of deciduous. Deer densities are low, sign and cams say they are there. We can't bait. How do you hunt the Lord of the forest?
That's my backyard...very meticulous, don't get discouraged easily, stay the course, they do and will show themselves as I have taken a few beauties, you gotta spend the time in the woods, my best stands are hunkered in the thick stuff in low areas between scrape and rub areas, these bucks travel these natural corridors to check out the scrapes...if I play my cards right I am in the stand they pass by...grunt tube, rattling...perseverance...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...