View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 07:50 PM

Went up last Sunday, wasn't sure what we'd see. I went my usual route scouting, so did two other guys. We usually come up with three possible shoots. I had seen nothing worthwhile until I went out of the usual area. Found a big bunch of snows on water. Saw some big strings heading south from that area. Followed them, then they turned east and hit a peafield finally. We had snows coming from 3 roosts again, but some were travelling about 12mi for feeding. Two out of three were not the usual roosts. There was some snow on Monday, the birds worked swath for the rest of the week, in an area of 4 sections of land. We had about 20-30,000 mixed birds at the first half of the week, then the numbers started dwindling, and a fresh batch showed last nite. I watched 3-5000 snows head south at altitude this AM. We could hear the specks flying at 4;00AM a few time this wk. Ponds are freezing up unless they are deeper water. There was a 20 mile stretch that had next to no geese in it, that usually has tons. We did Ok, but it was a grind.