View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 07:37 PM

I wanted to bed the action of a CZ527 cuz it shot poorly and the stock to action and recoil lug fit was poor as well. Like you I watched a few videos and away I went. But I didn’t see anyone using tape except to use it to mask certain areas to prevent the epoxy from ending up where it wasn’t wanted.

I agree with your thought of tape on the recoil lug to be counterproductive. You want that lug and action to be completely tight to your stock. Just make absolutely sure that you are very thorough in applying your release agent to all the surfaces that you don’t want permanently bonded together. I used clear shoe polish, the wax stuff that comes in the little flat tins. The main idea behind bedding is to have uniform pressure between your stock and action.

I wish I knew how to attach a link and I’d forward the videos that I ended up using as my guide.

The bedding on the CZ was a success. And now when I take the barrel off the stock, I have to give it a pretty good bump to get it to separate. And it takes good pressure to get it back on again too. I also did a Tikka T3 with the same results.