View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 04:32 PM

Another really cool tidbit is his observation of individual voices of cows which I have been somewhat puzzled by for years.
I’ve hunted moose with maybe a couple dozen(?) different individuals over the years and have listened to at least 2-3x that many hunters do their best rendition of what they think a bawling cow should sound like.Ive heard and seen it all from guys that like higher pitched “ooooooooos” to more nasal sounding “waaaaaahhhhhs” and everything in between from commercial reed calls to birchbark to rolled up tarpaper to cupped hands to orange plastic traffic cones to a wet string and juice can.....,and most of these guys are/have been successful moose callers in their own right.Pretty cool to confirm the individualality of cow voices in the wild and explains why so many different calling styles are effective.
😎

EDIT:kinda blows the lid off the credibility of any moose calling contest don’t it,lol
The ONLY truly qualified judge has antlers 😝

Last edited by West O'5; 09-11-2018 at 04:40 PM.