View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip-in-Z View Post
Interesting when we were out on Sat, May 16, we didn't see any fish in the shallows or 3-6 fow.

From all the people I see fishing Sylvan, morning, noon & night, specifically across from where I live at the Marina Bay spawning grounds, it won't take long before the Gooberment change the rules and introduce slots or tags or shut it down again .... believe me!

D.

Also interesting, maybe depends on the side of the lake. I mainly fish the northern section and find the whites typically shallow most the season less than 8 fow.

Sylvan definitely has seen an increase in fisherman over the past few years especially near easy access points (in town) and lots of inflatables/kayaks near the boat launches. It is a fantastic fishery and I have no problem sharing the water, its for everyone. Being one of the easiest lakes to access and we cannot keep people from retaining what they are legally entitled to. We will see pretty quick what the effect is on the lakes population with the new regs. Just because people can keep fish doesn't mean they need to every time.

-J.Paul Getty