View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 12:56 PM

[QUOTE=jwelds191;4176290]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa View Post

Sorry for the late reply, I hope I didn't derail another day for you without setting up that beauty fishfinder you got now.

Yes, you're supposed to be drilling 3 holes (1 for each of the vertical spaces) in the plastic mounting piece. You'll want to have it mounted horizontal to the waterline, and just below (1/8th of an inch or so) the bottom of your boat.

Once you've pegged where to and drilled the holes, you're going to be putting a bolt through and then a nut inside your boat to secure it. I should mention here, I mentioned in my previous post about adapting to your boats characteristics and layout... I ended up putting the bolt through from the inside, and nut to secure on outside. I'd recommend doing it from the outside, though, as there is the cover cap that needs to cover the entire assembly, and it is based on the bolt going through from the outside.

Cheers!
thanks for the info. I don't have the plastic mounting plate, but have been thinking about getting one. The previous "puck" style 'ducer that came with the boat was just mounted straight into the boat. The plate seems like a good idea tho. Thanks again! Will keep all posted!