View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 09:48 AM

Default Parks near reservations closed until further notice!?!?

So I live not too far from Calling Lake and fish there a lot. After hearing the parks were either open or opening June 1st I was planning on going out for opening day on Calling Lake. My wife kept bugging me to check to see if the boat launch was open and sent me a link saying it wasn't.

I called Alberta Parks and they told me Calling lake park is closed until further notice and not opening on June 1st. Nobody could tell me why it's closed or when it may open. I left my number and am still waiting to hear back. I'm not holding my breath.

I called F&W the lady there told me she thought our esteemed prime minister had closed all parks near reservations in an attempt to protect our native population.

I've tried some researching on the web to find out what's going on and why but I'm having no luck.

Does anybody have a link or any definitive info they can pass along to me regarding park closures near reservations??

Luckily for me there's a second boat launch at Calling Lake that isn't part of the darn park.............
I am the captain of my soul.

***William Henley***