View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 01:00 PM

Ok, since their were no replies to my question, I thought I would give em a review as I went ahead and purchased and installed them.

First of all, Having been boating for over 20 years I can hands down say I have never seen any performance gadget make such a drastic improvement for the low cost or ease of installation that this product does!

I by no means have ANY affiliation with the product, just wanted something to help reduce on plane time and porpoising. I have a 21' SeaRay Sun Deck which has a nice big open bow, but the cockpit is set back qith a 5.0l and a Bravo-3 outdrive...so its a damn stern heavy boat. It preforms well as is, but just need a helping hand in the mentioned areas when 4 or more people were sitting in the cockpit area. I first was going to just throw on a set of Hydrofoils on the out drive but stumbled across these things. All reviews and documentation look suited to what I was looking for, so why not? At around $200.00 it was worth a try.

Took about 30 mins to install...that was really taking my time...and first time out this year, at Cold Lake, 4 people all in the back and a nice Chop on the water...and OMG it was a new hoat!! Was on plane, heading into a 30km/hr wind, in 3 sec where it would be closer to 5 sec with minimum bow rise. Biggest improvement was in the outdrive trim levels. Usually under those circumstances I would NOT even come close to "Level" trim as I would have to compensate for wave porpoising and rear weight by staying fairly trimmed down. Not anymore! Once on plane I could trim out "Level" on the outdrive and just Skip across the top of the chop with ease.

So to to sum up...huge performance upgrade, low cost, easy install. Highly recommend to anyone with simular issues which I had, or just to help with hole shot and stability in general..Great Product!!

https://www.nauticusinc.com/smart-ta...4aAtNQEALw_wcB