View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 02:51 PM

I’ve got lenco trim tabs and wouldn’t want to own another boat without them. I use mine the most keeping the boat level, especially when I’ve got a third guy with me and he keeps moving around while we are running to the grounds. Due to the shape of my hull and size of my outboard I don’t find them that useful getting me on plane or keeping the bow down, usually in a 2+ meter sea with much more then a meter wind chop I keep the bow up a bit if I’m running hard. If I drive it down with engine trim or tabs I have to run slower and have a greater chance of taking a wave over the bow. Obviously there are a lot of factors there with swell interval, side/head/following seas, direction of travel to primary and secondary swells etc but regardless I have a softer, drier ride when I’m not trimmed all the way down. My boat planes at about 13 knots and hops on plane easily so the tabs aren’t required to get the stern up. Tabs also reduce your top end, on mine they cost me about 3 knots if they’re trimmed down. They’re a good accessory though and for that price it’s certainly worth it. Thinking back to how poorly my Lund used to ride they would of been brilliant.