View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnhunter View Post
Well, I've been out a full day a week trying my darnedest to catch a lake whitefish and after 4 days worth of fishing, I am still without a bite. What gives? I've got my slip bobber set up with an egg sinker sandwiched between it and the swivel. I've tried wireworms, chironomids, caddis larvae, leeches, prince nymphs, damselfly nymphs, etc. and still not a take. I've adjusted my depths between 3 feet to 26 feet below the surface and not a bite. I've both slowly reeled and occasionally twitched the flies to ensure I'm connected to the flies and giving them life-like movement... and... still nothing. I've moved around the lake to find different depths, dips between land masses, dams, etc. and still nothing.

Anyone able to point a lake whitefish noobie in the right direction so he can catch one?

Feel free to PM me if you prefer. Thank you so much!
You are not alone in the frustration, tried two times in the last two weeks with pretty much exactly the same setup and methods. Extra frustrating when you see others with what looks to be the same setup catching fish. One thing I did notice was some people did not have the egg weight and just the wireworm but I don't know how the wireworm alone is heavy enough to pull the line down through the bobber.