View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Ok. We were supposed to go today but the rain and the road conditions have put us on pause. It sounds like the road is impassable right now as some one with a boat or perhaps more than one boat was stuck and has mad a big hole. We will try again tomorrow.

So much rain forecasted for that area... YUCK.. Up to 75 MIL was on the weather network. We have packed the Salmon fishing rain gear.. All rubber... Lets see what we can do!!

My First time targeting Walleye as I have never caught one. I am using 5 diamonds with a steel leader (2s and 4s) . Thoughts? Also have green/yellow jigs with a fluttery silver leaf/spoon on them. Thought that attached with a rubber (Black) tail was a good shot. Do I use the same steel leader? Also, am I bouncing this jig off the bottom or just finding bottom and jigging my way back?

I did buy a portable depth sounder/Fish finder as well. Nice little Garmin unit.
Jaime it’s an easy lake to fish. Use you garmin, look for life. You’ll catch fish. Pike are everywhere just troll huge spoons. Walleye are plentiful off most any point a tad deeper, but you’ll get them on the same gear for pike. It’s kind of crazy. The river can hold lots of fish if the wind come up, it’s kind of crappy in the wind, nowhere to hide.
I’ll be curious to hear about the road. I do have 3/4 ton 4X4 so I’m sure we will be fine, just curious about the boat or not. It’s only a 17 ft aluminum so not a Monster. Pulls lite.