View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 09:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind drift View Post
Wrong. Commercial fishing licences weren’t bought out. The government closed the fishery and stopped issuing licences. The licences expired every year and weren’t ever owned by a commercial fisher. Commercial fishing allocations were only a quota for the lake during a season. My father who had a licence for Buck Lake got a small payment for “inconvenience” or something like that.
Way different than having a game allocation that you own and can sell.

You’re kidding yourself if you think that mule deer outfitters aren’t trying to influence government to not take more assertive CWD control efforts.

The joke is that it won’t matter in the end. CWD will put an end to big, old bucks in a bunch of zones. Outfitters and residents will suffer for a decision made many years ago (game farms), for which they weren’t consulted. We reap what we sow.

Guy that works for me was in the top 3 for licenses in the province when they shut it down and were bought out
They still have a lawsuit against the government
Totally different topic though

Now your a cwd expert
Lots of big old bucks died from lead poisoning that were also positive for cwd
Cwd seems to be a lot like covid 19, but I’m not an expert 🤷*♂️

Now it’s the game farms fault too

Do you really think someone that is financially tied to a resource, want to see it collapse? It always blame the outfitters. FYI I’m not an outfitter or a guide. But I do know that they put in a lot more time and effort than most resident hunters.