View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 10:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind drift View Post
Sigh. I never claimed to be an expert on CWD. It stands to reason that mortality caused by disease, hunting, vehicles, predation, etc. is cumulative. Bucks infected with CWD die before they can become the trophies that most paying clients come here to hunt. If 20 to 30% of bucks in a zone become CWD positive, whereas 20 years ago it wasn’t the case, and other mortality rates stayed generally the same, average buck age and size will be lower with CWD than without.

I agree that it makes no sense for outfitters to want to see the resource decline. The problem is the pressure they feel to keep their operations viable in the short term, and trading off the longer term benefit in the process. I can’t really blame them. The fault is in the system that led them to invest their capital into a high risk commodity.

And yes, game farms are to blame for the CWD problem in North America.

I can’t explain why your buddy says his commercial fishing licences were bought out. They weren’t. He never owned them. Maybe it’s simply how he characterizes the situation. Wouldn’t have mattered if he was the biggest operator or the smallest, like my dad. Same rules for all.
Sigh?
Ok there jt...
Did you count to 20 before you wrote you next sentence too?

Ok so explain why all these mule deer records have been broke in the cwd years?
Deer are still reaching maturity
I’ve shot a few mule deer that were positive for cwd and they were all asymptomatic

They have yet to determine exactly how cwd is spread. Widespread eradication hasn’t slowed it down.

There is no solution for how to deal with cwd