View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 11:11 PM
Banned

Back from another fun trip with the kids. Fish and weather did not co operate but we sure did laugh.

Winefred Lake lodge is looking run down TBH. It seems they have some improving going on with a new deck and so on. Service from the dock hand was top notch. Jon (one of the owners) was a nice guy and answered our questions. We had no heat in the unit for the stay and that was one of the bigger reasons we decided to leave early. We couldn't justify no heat, wet clothes and $500 a night combined with no fishing with the weather. We were given a small space heater but that was not overly effective with keeping us warm and had little effect on getting our stuff dry. Jon assumed the heat just was going to take a while to kick in. We were still waiting 48 hours later. Going out I took the advice of a employee of the lodge and followed his direction on what side to take the deep hole.. I should have listened to myself. $700 with of Bumper plastic later and we were through. I brought this up with Jon and was told that its not their responsibility to take care of the road. Fair enough and I suppose he is right.I would have been happy with just a acknowledgment of his guy making a bad call after I told him what way we used on the way in with help from another employee. Instead it was thrown back on me saying I had asked for help. But anyhow, it doesn't matter. It was my truck and I had final say. I do enjoy that lake though. The sun came out on Friday and the action heated right up. We had 30 fish to the boat in 2 hours. It was hot and heavy with the largest being a 15 pound pike. The minute the clouds came back the bite died off. It was like a switch. Only caught one more fish after that. So much to learn about this fresh water stuff. I sure am enjoying it. But once again, the kids made me laugh , we smiled, we played cards and teased the hell out of each other. Not sure where our next adventure will take us. We caught one lousy Walleye and it is about 2 inches long. Great picture though!!! Seems this Walleye fishing is as tough as elk hunting!!!