View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 08:58 AM

Pigeon is not slow at all. I've been out almost every 5-7 days since opening weekend and have never had a bad day. In fact, I was out last Sunday on June 14... and in the space of 4 hrs, my 16yo son out fished me 25-23. All good size fish... and about 6 or 7 very good sized pike (thin though). That many pike in that area was surprising.

Locations: Vast majority were caught off Silver Beach point... with jigs. Pike were on the cast. We also headed to south end of lake, to the Rock Island to check it out. Caught nothing there, but then headed direct east of island toward shore. Found some rocky bottom at about 10-12ft. deep... and caught more pike off the cast.

I tend to stick in the Mulhurst Bay Area. I also have success casting/trolling at western point of the bay, at end of Argentia Beach. Theres some good weed and reed beds there. Plus a drop off where I've caught good pike there.

A final point. There also is a hump in the middle of the bay. If you can get onto it (it's small so only 3-4 boats in close proximity jigging can fit) you should have have success targeting eyes. Water vis is till good right now...

Hate to give away all my spots... but happy to help.

Good luck!