View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Nope!
Even my self deprecation knows bounds

Last time I tried was early last June. Tried my winter hooks out. Got looks for sure according to the finder but skunked. Maybe try this fall when they are active. Did a look in the fall about 3 years ago like I do on Sylvan. Did not sight one white in the shallows and traveled a huge percentage of the shoreline. Just not a strong whitefish lake and the population seems to be on the decline.
Not the news I was hoping for, but I'm a sucker for punishment. I'll let you know if I have any luck. I agree that their numbers seem to be declining in recent years but hopefully they are just down, not out.

Also, I picked up your now famous 2" twister tails and 1/16oz jig heads. Here fishy-fishy.

*Edit: Sorry, those are Zip's famous twister tails*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBFranklin View Post
A final point. There also is a hump in the middle of the bay. If you can get onto it (it's small so only 3-4 boats in close proximity jigging can fit) you should have have success targeting eyes. Water vis is till good right now...

Hate to give away all my spots... but happy to help.

Good luck!
A hump in the middle of the bay, you say? Mission accepted. Thanks for the tip JB!

Last edited by StringTheory; 07-06-2020 at 04:27 PM.