View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7MM Mike View Post
Youre absolutely right, chances are that including the two mine-site WMU's would skew the north data to reflect larger than normal bases. I guess the North must average even smaller bases than portrayed by this study.
Interesting point SG, I didnt think of it until you pointed it out.

Again - the rest of your post here is just your own anecdotal evidence, unless you've done a study we are unaware of...

I will agree that to get true averages you would have to look at all WMU's, but the conclusions drawn are that WMU's with chinook belt climates produce the largest bases - and those climates are predominantly south of the Bow. Unless you disagree that ease of access to winter forage doesnt play a significant factor in horn growth.
The mine WMU's havent been prodicing above average base sizes that ive seen.
Look at the square mile of study lands. Neither mines encompas much land and ram mountain is only an 1/8 of zone 429. So how can this represent anything. There is alot of land from the Bow to north of grand cache. I just dont see how it can represent places such as the Ghost, Burnt Timber, Panther, Red Deer, Forbiden Creek, Clearwater, Ranger Creek, South Ram, Whiterabbit, Cline, Corral Creek, Whiskey creek,Wapiapi, Blackstone, Chungo, Wilmore and so on. So you guys can go by some study that really means very little and beleive what you wish.
SG