View Single Post
Old 02-11-2023, 12:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SawyerHook View Post
Where is the evidence that the NDP want to shut out hunters. And where is the evidence that Shannon Philips conspired with the Y2Y to shut down hunters? This irrational paranoia and conspiracy theory approach isn't doing anyone any good... What was that saying about "... Rome burning...." So while some of us hurl insults and half-truths or even out right lies, the fish and wildlife resource we all love is going down the toilet...

To put my view into context I am an Albertan who has hunted and fished in this province for over 50 years. I hunt with both rifle and a bow and i both backpack hunt and own a quad... I am also a trained biologist, a retired mountain guide, whitewater guide and hunting guide... I was also one of the founding directors of the Y2Y Initiative and I can tell you absolutely truthfully that there is not an anti-hunter motive in the Y2Y organization...

Last year I had the opportunity to drive the forestry trunk road from Hwy 16 to Cochrane; a trip I hadn't made in over 10 years. I was blown away by the scale of deforestation that has occurred. And for what - a measly $0.25 in stumpage for every meter of logs harvested - tens of thousands of truck loads.

Does anyone here think that was good for fish and wildlife.

What about the coal policy?

And what about the UPC (all UPC) idea to give a $100 million subsidy to the oil and gas industry to clean up the abandoned wells they are legally obligated to do without subsidies... At a time when those same companies are posting all-time record profits...

No ladies and gentlemen, lets stop mud slinging, stop fanning the flames of fear and discontent and ask yourself what is best for our fish and wildlife resource and for the future of fishing and hunting in Alberta.

I don't care about your political orientation - each to their own. But I just want you to vote for the Government you think will do the best job managing our fish and wildlife resource. Please

And what is a "dipper"?
Didn’t take long…

I was right, team orange, team Y2Y is great joins in.

Last edited by crazy_davey; 02-11-2023 at 12:44 AM.