View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 09:14 AM

TFNG,
I see the handle of a believe is an ice chisel in one picture. That loop on the top of the chisel is for a rope that you put around your wrist as you are chopping ice. You will save your self the price of a new chisel with that small piece of rope. I know as I planted a chisel one time in about 12 feet of water and could not hook it to get it back . Hope fully you are doing this already but not seeing a rope in the loop I thought that I would mention this. With the price of beaver one can't afford any extra costs. Trap safe around those lodges and good luck. This goes for any of our new under the ice beaver trappers as well.

.Good trapping TEH

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFNG View Post

Picked this 62 pounder up in a snare today. He he was caught in two snares and was tangled on the bottom of the pole.

Enlarging the hole went fast and he was on the ice in no time. There was a muskrat in the teepee set in the entrance and the snares on the other pole had been pulled shut.

The other house I had a small beaver in the entrance. The snare pole was chewed off and two snares were pulled shut.

some day I'll shoot a deer bigger than my son's.