View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 09:31 PM

Rough, rough, rough. Did I say it’s rough?

Got to the lake about 8am and went on at the PP and headed pretty much straight north to 100’ water then fished/froze till 1pm. Watched a 2wd bounce like crazy as he had to keep up his speed up just to get around. I wouldn’t want to see the gear in the back of his truck after what he was doing. Made me think of microwave popcorn popping.

Very hard drifts. 4x4 pretty much a must if you are going off the beaten paths unless you like to beat up your truck/gear. Snow isn’t really too deep (8”-12” drifts) but drift’s crusts are hard but you are bouncing over and or breaking through them. Walking let alone driving over them is a “female dog”! Being -15 and a 20kmh wind didn’t help either.

Must of had a real ugly freeze up too. Made the mistake of “taking a tour” and drive to the marina by following some tracks along the south bank. Got about a mile from the marina and hit the piled up refrozen ice from the initial freeze. It must had a heck of a wind which broke it up and then blew and piled it up along that bank and refrozen. As I turned straight north to try to get out of “shards-ville”, it was like that all the way back to the beaten path for over 800 meters. Glad I had a 4x4 as that allowed me to go slow. GPS indicated I never went above 5kph pretty much the whole way through the “ville”. Tall shards in some places too. Beware! I would assume this has occurred in other places as well.

No fish either BTW. Put the extension on my auger but probably didn’t need it. Sorry but I didn’t pull the tape on the ice. If I had to guess I’d say 28”-30”.

People were moving around a lot too. So it must have been slow for everyone.

Thinking of calling my chiropractor.

Rainbows=> 0 Landed (0 Keeper size)
Lakers=> 0 Landed (0 Keeper size)
Perch => 0 Landed (0 Keeper size)
Pike=> 0 Landed (0 Keeper size)
Walleye=> 0 Landed (0 Keeper size)
Whitefish=> 0 Landed (0 Keeper size)
Burbot=> 0 Landed (0 Keeper size)

Successful Days=> 0
Skunked Days=> 0

Last edited by Captainslug; 02-10-2018 at 09:51 PM.