Thread: Crossbows???
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota369 View Post
But...... it is ...... archery....... there I said it........simple fact stick and a string....... who cares if it has cams, a release,......a trigger........ it is still a stick propelled by the action of a string and a bow....... therefore archery (actually it is a pretty niffty improvement on traditional archery cause you don't have to stand there holding that silly arrow back for hours ......)

Apparently yes when a vote was held in Alberta the decision was made to not include the crossbow in the archery season...... (I would like to see more details about this vote since I never heard of it or voted) that does not by default change they way the world (except a few stubborn members here) defines what a crossbow is......... if you recall..... the vast majority of jurisdictions in the United States do consider them part of the archery season, so just because 30 or 40 people voted in Alberta against allowing them in the Archery only season does not automatically remove them from the list as a archery discipline.

When I saw this it was not a vote, it was a questionnaire. Do you think crossbows should be allowed in the archery season?