View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 12:26 AM
Banned

Okay, I don’t think that it’s going to be too big of an issue then......Thanks! The ears are the only thing that I haven’t done before and placing a steel inside the ear to add tension while skinning makes sense. I use the blunted tip of a paring knife for that sort of thing so it’s pretty forgiving.

The reason I thought that i’d Do the paws after skinning was because in the past i’ve Used a string hanging from the ceiling and a loop it around the knuckles to add tension while skinning. I find it easier than using pliers and the pelt is easier to manage when it’s off the carcass. This won’t be too big of a deal I don’t think.

I’ll try to clean skin it if possible and only flesh if and where it’s required. It doesn’t seem too fatty but i’ll Know once I skin it.

Camdec - I watched that video and I thought that it’s pretty darned good. I think that he’s the Same fella that made the NAFA tour one recently posted. I typically don’t put anything on green belly unless it’s REALLY bad. I use hydrogen peroxide when I do to kill any bacteria. It won’t hurt anything so I might do that.