View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 12:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Dave, you are wise to go the build your own stretcher board route. I used term "Adventure" for a reason. The cabin is 10 miles from my main cabin in 4 feet of snow without packed trail. We would have been in for some heavy sledding and snow shoe trail breaking! PS Base should be 18 inches on your 8 foot boards, I may have some data on all sizes at various heights on board, if I can find them.
I found the dimensions for a one piece board here: https://www.mdwfp.com/media/4183/boa...structions.pdf

I thought that I'd just divide the width dimensions in half to make one side of the split board. I'm second guessing myself now because that doesn't seem right. The bottom of a one piece 8' board is only 12.5" but a split board is 18" at 8'. If I make the split board 10.5" at 34" when it's closed iaw the single board dimensions, that width will be greater once I open the split board to 18" at the bottom (instead of 12.5" for a single board).

Maybe I'm over thinking this. I'm going to take the dimensions for a single coyote board and compare the measurements to one of my split boards and see what I come up with. Maybe I'll have to take the measurements with the split board open at 18".

If anyone has a split wolf board handy and you have the time, could you provide me with the width measurements from the top at 2"....6"....12"....24"....34"....48"....72".... and 96"? Thank you.