Thread: Rigs
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braun View Post
its not just a weight though. Its the weight and your 3 flies + the time it takes you to retie your rig. Another reason for using a coathanger is that it is because of the shape. Its just like the wire sticking out of a bottom bowncer. the wire taps the rocks and twitches the flies. I am with you for the most part. I just use a bell sinker. if you fish the water enough with this rig you get to learn where rocks are that you snag on. By the 5th time you go out you dont lose any gear because you know where to cast. But first time using this rig i lost a butt load of flies, weights, line. by the end of the summer I odont think i lost any
I understand that , but that's part of fishing , sometimes you lose gear sometimes you catch someone else's , sometimes you keep your own and no one else's . Its just like sometimes you catch fish and sometimes you don't . It is definitely a neat Idea and im not knocking it but I don't think it is something id want to use . Ill stick to using my rig of a sturgeon rig or drop shot rig . And attach the weight with an elastic or directly to my line .

I buy all my terminal gear in large amounts so its not a huge deal if I lose 3 or 4 pyramid sinkers . I actually just found a new Sinker called Buttplug sinker the thing is the cats meow , comes in 4 and 6 oz and the shape is so it doesn't get stuck . So I'm having a bunch made up and will try them out , might be a little better then the 4 oz pyramid sinkers and more sleek as well .