View Single Post
Old 01-29-2023, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egymcara View Post
I made it out this morning for a few hours... and I should have just stayed home!! Sled onto the lake, get to my spot and realize I lost my auger, propane line and strap because it came loose. Drive back two times in the dark before I find it all . Set up the tent and even brought two heaters with this cold. Neither heater would ignite.... then to top it all off my propane line busts and starts throwing propane everywhere . Ended up fishing with just 1 heater, after wasting an hour with my problems

Ice conditions first: 12 inches down my hole, all flood water is completely froze over and basically all snow is beaten down to maybe 3-4 inches. I can see driving anywhere on the lake by the end of this week. Ice was super loud and cracking all over.

Fishing: Ended up with 6 fish on the ice and lost maybe 3-4 more in 2.5 hours? Lots of bait fish bottom 3-6' then a random laker either chases or swims off. Not bad action for end of Jan+ Cold.
Oh man sorry to hear about your issues on the lake bin there more times than I would like to admit. Not sure what type of heaters your running but I know with my big buddy if it’s cold out it just won’t want to work. I started transporting them in a carry case or even a pillow case just to keep them snow, ice, water free if riding in your tub. Another thing is to transport them in your vehicle so there are warm when you finally put them in your tub or slay. I also alway pack the hose in my jacket or bibs to keep it from freezing and getting stiff it doesn’t take long for them to get really stiff in cold weather. Sounds like you ended up getting one fired up but those are somethings I do to keep them functional in the cold. Good luck and tight lines.