View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 09:25 AM

A 60lb beaver should be the largest ring on your board. I nail the nose then I nail the sides but first go halfway between the nose and the side and make sure you have enough slack. If you do then put a nail in there on both sides. Then I go halfway from the center down like I did on the top half and put two nails in on either side and finally the taIL end. So you should have 8 nails in a diamond pattern nice and symmetrical. I then flesh with the board standing up. So the gunk runs down hill. That should give you some more stretch on the skin. Now put nails halfway between the ones you put in. If it still fit's good then you can do the top half with 3/4 inch spacings then flip over the board and do the bottom half. Leg holes last. That's how I do it. Gravity helps you out on big heavy hides like beaver. The board standing up makes a big difference. I just sit on a five gallon pail in front of it. Hope that helps kinda hard to explain. Another thing is its way too early for beaver. Another month makes a huge difference and after xmas is even better. It's a tough market especially for early fur.