View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raw outdoors View Post
Sayulita will be awesome fishing. I was in the area the locals had a huge net they pulled from a boat back up into the shore. The amount of Mackerel was unreal and a few smaller jacks. Might be tough to find a nice area away from the swimmers and surfers. With all those mackerel I would try get out in a kayak and use a subiki rig. I may try fishing out in guayabitos a couple times this year
Let me know how it goes on your trip and what your learned works it will help me out when I go to guayabitos in feb
I will post back here for sure.

I’m going to try to book a panga trip for the second morning I’m there, I’ll ask my guides for any shore fishing tips. When we were gathering baitfish last year, there was a guy fishing off the rocks who seemed to be doing pretty well. The guides said they always fish with live bait. Not many surfers or swimmers at 7am thankfully.

What are you running for rods and reels? What # test? Are you just using your freshwater gear? I want to buy a big 13’ surf rod, but it’s tough to justify spending $200 on a rod/reel combo that I’d use one week a year.