View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 01:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
1) Funny thing is, I don't watch any TV....haven't for 20years.
2) Race track.....high performance situation....against higher training. Not a even close analogy. In fact the theif is like one walking on the track, might be a better analogy.
3) In fact a lot of people on here ARE prepared for the theif breaking in. In the old days, the farmer kept the gun loaded behind the bedroom door....and delt with whatever was lurking....around the cattle or the garage.
4) Like the long gone Fishgunner member, you place such a high premium on military or Leo training and discount the hands on years of experience of AO members.
5) You also cannot fathom that perhaps the members on here have more testosterone than you might be used to. Sure some might flight. But a bigger percentage will fight...and more so once your personal space and family's is threatened. In fact, the adrenine of the threat would make the homeowner much more dangerous than some slinking coyote of a theif.

6) lots of situation in life create a fight or flight situation....so I'm sure many of us know what our normal response is. (a guy starts something with you in the bar...what's your response...cower or push back...OR aggression)
You might flight.....actually sounds highly likely you normally do. Don't paint us all as the same Pxxsy!!! (hear that aggression in my tone??.....wanna guess what my reaction to a theif is going to be???)

7) And lastly, just cause we ARE discussing it, many DO know what their response will be....just contemplating the situation gives us a plan in mind......and most will conclude it involves a shovel....out of necessity of how stupid our legal system is.

8) You are right on one point...if we hurt the theif, he wins, and we lose big time. (Quite the statement of what our legal system has become!!) But it's become just like vehicle accidents....a death is much cheaper than an permanent disability. Besides, dead theives can't come back at you. So if you act, act with decisiveness....pirates had it right......just one version of how it all went down.
I wish you luck ...Internet tough guy

And of the current AO membership..maybe 5% are like you describe.

The other 95% myself included are weekend warrior types.