Thread: Worldviews
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elkster View Post
There is about as much proof to support a claim that wiki info is inspired by god as the bible. In both cases its all pure speculation. There is absolutely no way to know. "Believing" and "trusting" doesn't make it so except in one's own mind. If it makes one feel good to believe in the bible and a church leaders interpretation of that book then I'm happy for that person. But the reality is that any one of us will only KNOW the actual truth of any higher power and afterlife when we pass on.
I'm not even attempting to prove it. Matters of faith cannot be proven, only believed. Doesn't negate the validity of what faith believes though - not for the person of faith.

For people of faith, faith knowledge is just as real and valid as empirical knowledge.

In a way you are right - we will only truly KNOW when we die. I'm hedging my bets on the truth of God's (God of the Bible) revelation I 'know' by faith. And there is plenty of supporting evidence. Like, for example, in the book "Heaven Is Real" written by Todd Burpo. It's an amazing story about Todd's son who spent 'time' in heaven while undergoing surgery - and there was no way he could have known what he told.