1. 3 wet patches
2.10 strokes with a brush
3.4 wet patches
4.Wait 10 minutes
5.2 wet patches
6.3 dry patches
7.1 oil patch
8.1 dry patch[/QUOTE]

This is what I do. When i got my first Rifle I did alotta research and did the following I shot 10 rounds and cleaned after every shot. then 10 more and cleaned every 2nd. Now I didn't do this in one sitting I went for a walk in the woods and shot into a old standing dead tree. Then walked back to the house cleaned and when I had time again I went for a walk. Did it help? I'd like to think so. I still havent built myself a shooting table and haven't shot groups but this 2nd season of me hunting deer I shot at a target I set up @ 100 yards and just sat down on the ground with some fiberglass shooting sticks and the 3 rounds where with in a 3/4 of each other. Figure that'll take care of any deer around.

I clean using shooters choice and go till the dry pach comes through clean like it says on the bottle. I don't know about these other products might try them if I knew more. Right now i need to find a new rod guide that'll take the .338 jag and brush. LOL went to clean the new gun i got and the one I have is not big enough, SIGH and the dam Ruger is a pain to get the guild into the bolt action. Theres a little arm in the way there so i cleaned not using the guide. But then scratched the rod on it or i hope that was it the barrel looked ok and I am VERY careful when cleaning to not scratch any rifle I have.

(any ideas on what to do about that arm inside the action while cleaning?)