View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 10:09 AM

good one Redfrog, I'll have to remember that one!

This morning after dropping off my wife at work at 5:00 a.m., and while driving back home, I slowed down for a red light. A guy driving a crew cab grey pickup coming into the intersection from my right slowed down and stopped because the light was changing to red for him. Note I said he stopped! The light turned green for me, I was first in line, so I started going ----- and the grey pickup suddenly roared ahead right in front of me :rolleye2!!! I hit the brakes and noticed the driver looked to be on the phone or doing something with his left ear. It was a good thing no one was coming through from the opposite direction to me on the green light or the grey pickup would have been T-boned.

A couple of days ago while waiting in stopped traffic for another red light I looked around at the vehicles around me. In every one of them, in three lanes (I was in the centre lane), every driver in front, beside, and behind me was either texting or talking on their phone!

If the police up here are going to pursue this law aggressively they are going to be busy writing a lot of tickets!

BTW: I do not have a cell phone, and the odd time I have my wife's with me in the vehicle I pull over if I have to make a call, and if someone calls it while I'm driving it can just keep on ringing.

FishingMOM, would you please demonstrate how that works - with pics? Just so us guys can show our wives / girlfriends / etc. how to properly apply that technique