View Single Post
Old 03-30-2023, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
I don't think I said anywhere that any jet boat will be good in truly rough water - so why you are making things up?
I believe your exact words were "Mine is 12 and rides big waves just fine."

Quote:
You on the other hand corrected my quote and added that jet boat will ride like **** in rough water without even bothering mentioning degree of the hull - which makes quite a difference.
That's jet boating Kool-Aid. Yes a 8 degree hull will pound your teeth out in 2 foot chop. Relatively speaking, a 12 degree hull is much better than a 8 degree, which is basically a jon boat. But the 12 degree hull is only a smaller pile of crap in rough water than the 8 degree...it's still a joke compared to a deep V.

Quote:
Not really interested in arguing, just saying from my experience. Maybe I have not been in really rough water, but as I said during whitecaps in Lac Des Isles ( and if you been there you know that water body can get rough in no time) my 21ft boat with 12 degree was way more comfortable and faster then 17 ft Glastron MX175 I had there before.
Well, length is the great equalizer in rough water. Pretty much any 21' boat will ride better than any 17' boat.

Quote:
No question about 8 or 10 degree jet boats - those will be tough ride for sure.
So a 10 degree hull is a tough ride but a 12 degree hull is just fine? Then you can see why I would say my 21 foot 21 degree deadrise 'glass boat is 100X better in rough water. Whitecaps don't really mean much. My glass boat goes faster into 2 foot chop with whitecaps than it does on calm water.

Quote:
Here is my boat chilling on the beach in Rangers bay.
Awesome boat. I think about getting a Duckworth like yours all the time. Then my son pins the throttle on that Bratt Jet in what I would consider chop and that thought disappears instantly...