View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 12:45 PM

Talking To good of deal to say no

A couple days ago I toured past the gun rack at my local Canadian Tire.

Recently they must have got a bunch of firearms in as there were lots of new firearms on the rack.

Then I saw it.

A Mariln 1895G in 45/70, it wasn’t that I’d never seen one of them before, it was the price tag that caught my eye. I won’t list the price, but let’s just say it was the lowest price on a 1895 I’ve seen in some time. I asked if it was an error, and the staffer assured me the price was accurate.

I mulled the purchase over and did some web surfing to confirm my thoughts on the price.

So the next day I went in to buy it.

While I was at the gun rack a young guy hit me up to sign up for a CT credit card, and receive 18% CT money on my first purchase. I signed up, and the rifle was delivered to the check out. I paid with my new CT card, got my 18% CT money, then a $30 off promo card was given to me by the cashier, so another $30 was taken off the price.
I promptly paid off my CT card at the same time

Picked up a box of 300 grain Federal Fusions, which I tried half of yesterday, they aren’t to bad to shoot if you keep your cheek on the stock.

I threw a 1-4x20 VX1 Leupold, I had kicking around on her this morning because my eyes ain’t no good for irons like they used to be.

I mailed ordered in a die set, a bag of brass, some 300 grain jacketed Sierra’s, and some 460gr. cast lead, gas checked slugs.(these are gonna be big medicine)

Before everyone goes hog wild, it was the only one of these rifles at the low price they had on the rack, that I could see.

There are no absolutes