View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the road is accessed at the 15 K marker. Two well sites, one above the other right beside the road. At least that's the conclusion I came to last week. the water slides are one of Bartons attractions. If you make it that far, stop in. He's a very friendly guy, who serves only Starbucks coffee. biked up there with Calgary Chef. Definitely easier, coming back.
Grizz
Not sure the km sign. A guy just gets acustom to the roads when you spend 10 years in there drilling them wells. If I remember right there is a reclaimed rig camp on the left side of the main limestone road. The main road goes straigh and you need to turn right. There is 2 wells immediatly on your right. One on a higher level than the other. From here the road starts winding up the hill. once on this road stay right. Part way up there is a switch back with a gate on it(gate is always open). Once your here you have it made. A few km farther and you will see a rough gravel trail. this takes you to the limestone communication towers. From there you have to hike but its all above tree line and the tower is visable from here. i usually take some goodies and such for whome ever is manning the tower.

Another nice spot is to just keep following the limestone to the very end. You will come to some open medows and then a bridge across limestone creek. At this bridge there is a nice biking trail that follows the creek through the gap to where it runs into the clearwater river at seven mile flats. Or if you follow the road across the bridge and up the hill(fairly) steep but not terrible you will come to a Y at the top. Take the left and it will take you to a well I drilled up there in 97 or so. From up there you can see the clearwater gap and down onto the rock creek flats. Good place to see wildlife.

If you think you may like to get into this area Albertadiver I can make up a google earth map when I get to work tomorrow and email it to you.

If you get to the back end of Limestone take a fishing pole and ill tell you the secret spots.
SG