Thread: Help me choose
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 09:25 AM

Surprised on Striker blade breaking shot thru half dozen hogs...elk...fence post after pass thru...never had one break...but I guess there is always exceptions to the rule...

I am simular in your situation...My G5 125gr Strikers fly very nice and do the job well as mentioned...my only issue is if the shot is higher than bottom third of animal ...blood trail will be minimal

I have also been contemplating Grim reaper expandables OR Slick Tricks.
but am also leary of expandables and want to stay with fixed...so my choice is I am going to play with the slick tricks this year...

Now the issue is my choice the Magnum, Grizztrick 2 or even the Vipertrick looks kind of neat...for my likeing the Grizz would be ultimate with bigger cut...but concerned on strength and plane-ing at further distances..

With my personal choice a 1-1/8 cut on any head is minimal which is the Magnum... Times 2..for a total of 2 1/4 cutting surface per..

Watching many shooters I have to say the Slick trick is the best flying four blade I have ever saw..with excellent results..

Old school solid four blades were a nightmare to make fly...however most were solid blade..

Will definitely play with all three this spring...

Long winded vote for Slick tricks on your choices

Neil