View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 07:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
As a hunter, I find that these types of wind-reading turret-twisting flag-following posts have very little to do with hunting.
To me, a strong wind means a hunter can usually get closer.
I like your passion for accurate long range shooting. But pretending your "sniper like" shooting skills make you a better hunter is blowing wind alright.
And I too understand your statement Deer Hunter. As a long range target shooter, I apply my knowledge to my hunting skills. Of course, as I hunt I do not have flags and all of the tools available to me when I hunt. However, those have enabled me to feel what a breeze on my face, or a skirmish of the grass or tree leaves relate to wind velocity. As such, I use those clues to direct my hold over. And, as you've stated, I do try to get much closer to my quarry. However, I do have physical disabilities, but in spite of that, I remain an ethical hunter however do rely on longer shooting abilities. Just so you know, I've had 2 hip replacements, 1 knee replacement. My body joints have failed me for the past 15 years. And yet, I walk with a cane to a hunting spot, a gun shouldered on my right side and a cane on my left. And yet other younger men and fully capable are driving past me with their pick up trucks.