View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 06:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Lets put some context to your chart. This link is to a report from the sun news network with Brigitte Pellerin - born in Quebec City. This report is where the chart comes from...
http://www.stthomastimesjournal.com/...ayment-program

Lets bring some context into my postings. If you look at the chart I posted at the top of the page, it shows the estimated totals of moneys collected in taxes and revenues per province and what is actually expended back. Quebec goes off the chart. Alberta is sucking hind teet due to being a have province. Ontario isn't even on your charts but has also been a net contributor to the equalization scam til 2009 when they started collecting it. Does that mean Ontario didn't get any money from the Feds? Nooooo, they got plenty.

I never once said it was fair that Quebec was getting such a large sum, was really hoping for a PQ majority so she'd start kicking Harpers arse publicly. She would have shown what the man was made of. Harper at some point said that if Quebec starts acting up, that he would let them carry some of their own weight - that's what i was hoping for.

And I started posting numbers cause I was simply amazed at how many believe that Alberta gets nothing from the "east". Hyper started ranting about why the feds don't pony up for the twinning of hwy 63, when in fact they gave half the budget for it. He then went on about subsidized health transfer payments - those will increase by $1 billion dollars to Alberta and the rest of the provinces get less.

In 2014, the equalization scam is up for renewal - and a PQ majority IMO would have changed alot of the game for the better for Canada. Unfortunately, Harper is in a position where he can negotiate instead of having to bitch slap.
How do you figure we get "something" from the "east" when we are NET contributors? Do you mean to imply that because they give us SOME of our money back, we are gettin something from the "east".

Never mind that question I asked you if you had taken Econ 101...you obviously haven't. Have you ever taken any math classes?? Just buggin ya.