View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 09:20 PM

hmmm Canada is still one country last time I checked, you don't get to pick your family.....

Who do you think subsidized albertas oilsands from 1982- 2001 while oil prices were below the cost of production?,,, What about sagd? it spent near 30 years in the experimental stage before turning profits at 40-60$ barrel. The oilsands which are now a bright spot used to be federal and provincial government pet projects which in a sense still are government subsidized projects through rock bottom royaltys and tax breaks on cap-ex.

There was a time when canadians went to BC to work in the booming forest industry, now people are going to alberta....

You know what a real problem for alberta would be? If the rest of Canada started doing well again and the people who came out here to keep working went back to their homes to work..

Face it, it isn't albertans stepping up and going to work in ftmac to get all these projects done, or albertans working on rigs drilling for oil. Yeah there are albertans out there but they are far outnumbered. I rremember a project I worked on in ftmac and out of the 140 people on the shift maybe 5 or so were from edmonton, a few from calgary and a few from rural towns in ab... The radio channels at suncor and syncrude I can't understand half of what they're saying.. there's entire crews of quebecers, newfies, nb\ers

How would refinerys in ab ever get a turnaround done without quebec scaffolders?lol

The despair other provinces allows alberta to fill major gaps in workers, everything is intertwined... What if 30 years from now glaciers receding and draining of aquifers puts a crimp on our water intensive industry in alberta?