Thread: Need Help!!
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 11:29 PM

50lb is great if it is in December nice and prime. 50lber is worth zero money in the summer if you are talking fur value. Your friend may have to hire a company or local trapper to remove the issue. And for anyone ones future info having problem beaver is never 1 and never 50. Beaver are only a problem when the family group or population gets too big and is really damaging trees to feed the population. They probably did most damage in the fall and now everyone notices that nice block of mature trees not greening up and are missing. I am south of buffalo a tick or 2 and down here the beaver are after the young small willow and poplar now. In fall they hammer the mature trees to put in feed beds. I am not trying to be salty but a 50lber in the winter fur value might on a good auction get $20. I can't drive to Buffalo for $20. Most guys are having a hard time selling thier prime winter pelts at auction for any money. I have 2 still in the system of nice winter pelts that are I* med that cant sell they buy them back. So im not sure that dangiling only one 50lber beaver with a summer pelt is the best incentive. That is why most fellows on here are telling you to deal with the problem at home. Sorry for being blunt but I have been dealing with this stuff recently and it works me up.

Word got out in my small town by me telling one only one fellow that I was out doing damage control for a fellow but was taking the beaver carcass for bear bait. Well a councillor of a small town a ways away called an wanted me to come deal with his problem beaver 30min away. I said I am gonna need some $ for fuel. I am taking beaver 10 min from my house and that includes walking to the sets. But he heard from an old fellow on council that beaver were worth $100. Im sure in the 70s and 80s maybe but not now. I told him if they were worth that much cash he'd be having guys tripping over eachother to snag a beaver. I said i would like at least my fuel paid for. He has never called me back. By the way pm me if you want the beavers dealt with.